Thursday, October 13, 2011

The London Philharmonic Orchestra legitimizes game music by recording an album of it

Image courtesy of Game Informer.

On November 8th, the London Philharmonic Orchestra will release an album titled The Greatest Video Game Music. This proves, as Game Informer points out, that this orchestra "likes to make money."

If I may, lol.

Anyway, it's full of hits and good music, regardless. The tracks range from Zelda to Final Fantasy, from Mario to Bioshock, from Fallout 3 to Oblivion. Tetris will of course be there, alongside Halo, again, as always. The odd man out is clearly Angry Birds. I personally don't know that song because I turn off the sound whenever I play that game. And finally, World of Warcraft holds a spot on the roster, sure to get them another 100,000 purchases.

In all fairness, the tracks are predominantly good. I let my cynicism get the best of me. To see for yourself, head on over to Game Informer. They've got the full tracklist on which your hungry eyes can feast.

1 comment:

  1. Gamer music is pretty epic. I'll have to check it out. My roommate just bought an ocarina so now I have the better half of the Zelda soundtrack stuck in my head...

    ReplyDelete